Friday, April 16, 2010

Another wonderful trip home!

I went home last weekend for my friend's wedding. My good friend from high school, Kyli Zenk, was married on April 10 to the love of her life, JD Deranleau. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and the reception/dance was so much fun! It is always so great to hang out with my friends!!!!

Just like my good friend Lauren said to me- it is so great how we can always just pick up where things left off and it is never awkward. We all just joke around and have a great time. My face hurt so much that night just from laughing so hard! So great! One word - mittens. LOL!!!!

I also got to go home home and visit my parents for a night. It is always so great just to go home and visit with my parents. Of course when I first got home both of my parents were not home.... my mom was working late and my dad was out in the field. As I was waiting for them to get home, I just found myself reminiscing of the good old times. I went up to my old room and looked at all of my old plaques and awards from high school. Oh man. I also found myself just staring out of my parent's bedroom at the view of Pickerel Lake. I am so glad that I grew up where I did, and I really do miss home and the lake. I'm hoping that I will have the opportunity to go home this summer sometime to enjoy the lake :D

My parents did have a nice supper together and it really felt like they miss me being around. I was surprised when my mom asked me to come and have lunch with her at work the next day. It was nice :D I'm grateful for everything they have done for me in life and I hope they know that!

I also got to spend a day in Fargo with my wonderful cousin Mary! We had such a great time together, we always do! I had not seen Mary since my wedding so we had a lot to catch up on! After we got back from a fun day of shopping, I got to see Mary's little boy Mason! He has grown so much since the last time I saw him. He is walking so well.... He walks so well that he kept running away from me because he didn't know me :( By the time I left for the wedding the next day, Mason did play with me a little.

As always, I had a great time at home and I am grateful for everyone for being so amazing! Thanks for all of the amazing memories! I love you all!

Just remember- we gladly welcome guests!!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment