Friday, February 5, 2010

Let the countdown begin....

I get to go home! Well, I get to go to Sioux Falls in five days... Matt and I are going to leave for Sioux Falls Wednesday morning and stay until Tuesday! It is going to be such a nice little vacation and we can't wait! We are going to spend some quality time with Matt's family when we first get into town. Matt and I are going to stay with Matt's brother, Joe. I'm looking forward to getting to know Joe's girlfriend and their family a little better. We plan on probably going out and playing some darts and pool or maybe just stay in and play some card games. Either way, I am up for it!

Thursday I get the opportunity to have lunch with two wonderful ladies that I used to work with in college. I worked at the Student Affairs office throughout my whole college career. I'm so excited to go back to Brookings and have lunch with Joella and Patty at one of my favorite restaurants in town, Cubby's. Yum :) Both of these women are so amazing! Joella was always there to watch out for me during my college years... She was always so caring and understanding of the stress that comes with school. She was also there for me during my 2nd year of school when my family had three deaths in the family. And of course she was there for me during my health issues.... She is just like a mother to me... Love her! And Patty is amazing too of course! She started at the Student Affairs office a few years after I did but we just "clicked". She is such a happy go lucky kind of girl and is so easy to talk to. I felt like I could share anything with her and she would always try to give me her advice. I miss all of those conversations.... Love her! Both of these ladies even came to my wedding even though they didn't know anyone else there.... That meant so much to me! In other words, they both mean a lot to me and I can't wait to have lunch with them!

After my exciting lunch date, I get to meet up with one of my bestest friends, Emily! Emily and I go way back... She has always been there for me and she just seems to understand me, which I know is a difficult job! We always have great conversations full of laughter and sometimes even tears! I cannot wait to catch up with her!

My fave cousin, Amy then flies in on Thursday night! I get the pleasure of picking her up at the airport! Perhaps I should make some fun signs?!?!? Yeah, I think she would appreciate that! We are all going to stay at Adam and Cassidy's place for the weekend! FUN TIMES AHEAD! My mom and hopefully my auntie Jeannie are coming down too! We are going to sit around and play games and drink margaritas! Sounds like a fun time to me! I love my family so much! Hopefully I will get to see my other brother and his wife too while I am in town.

Then my hubby's grandpa is going to be having surgery on Monday so we will be hanging out at the hospital and spending some time with Matt's family. Please say a little prayer for Matt's grandpa if you can! We just pray that everything turns out great and that he has a speedy recovery!

These are the things that are in the works so far, but sometime throughout all of this madness I hope to get together with my other bestest friends! You all know who you are!!!! I want to see all of you while I am home because I miss you all dearly!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!

Get ready Sioux Falls- because here we come! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment